Francis Marion High School opened its doors in our current location in 1963. Up until that time it was Perry County High School. We are named after the Revolutionary War Hero, Francis Marion - better known as "The Swamp Fox."
Francis Marion strives to be a community of learners in which all members act respectful, responsible, and resourceful. We will provide our students with a strong academic foundation to help them reach their true potential in becoming college and career ready.
Francis Marion School is committed to providing each student with optimal learning opportunities while building self-confidence and a strong work ethic. We will use available resources to ensure that:
- The staff works as a collaborative team
- Each student feels cared for and experience success
- Students are involved and show school pride
- Teachers are motivated, enthusiastic, and experience continued professional growth
- We provide an environment which is orderly, safe, inviting, and stimulating
- Our parents and community stakeholders feel welcomed and valued as full participants in the students' education
- The leadership is supportive, encouraging, and fosters positive changes